Socialization is an important part of a healthy puppies growth. During puppy playgroup your dog learns the vital skills of healthy play etiquette, visual communication, bite inhibition, and for an added bonus, they go home tired!
To schedule a free appointment scroll to the bottom of the page!
Act fast as the classes fill up quick and each session is only 4 pups!
In order to attend the session the following must be done.
- Proof of up to date, age appropriate, vaccinations.
- Puppy is under 6 months of age* and puppy appropriate.**
- Under normal times, families are encouraged to attend, with any person under the age of 8 years old needs a second adult. This has changed due to COVID-19. During the summer months with playgroups outside there can be two handlers per dog. Inside playgroups only one person per dog is allowed.
- Please do not touch other people’s puppies without permission.
- If the puppies jump on you please ignore, many puppies are in training and their people appreciate other people ignoring jumping behavior.
- Do not grab puppies. Let the trainer guide the play!
- No treats or toys allowed out in the playgroup area.
- If your puppy is showing any signs of illness before playgroup please cancel your reserved spot online.
- Follow the trainer’s instructions.
- Please understand that playgroup does not come without risks. Scientific research has shown that proper early socialization far exceeds the risks of injury or illness. Here is a link to the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior’s position statement.
- Follow our COVID-19 safety protocol, click HERE to view them.
- Email your signed waivers BEFORE playgroup. Click here for a link to our waivers and instructions for sending.
- Anyone who chooses to not follow the above rules may be asked to leave.
*On occasion we have a surrogate adult dog whom has been tested for puppy tolerance and appropriate puppy communication skills.
**Not all puppies enjoy puppy playgroup, if your puppy is showing repeated stress signs they may have to leave playgroup to minimize their stress level.