Socialization is an important part of a healthy puppy’s growth. During puppy playgroup, your dog learns the vital skills of healthy play etiquette, visual communication, bite inhibition, and for an added bonus, they go home tired! Held in the hospital lobby one Sunday a month. To schedule a free appointment scroll to the bottom of the page! Act fast as the classes fill up quickly and each session is only 4 pups!
- Proof of up-to-date, age-appropriate, vaccinations.
- Puppy is under 6 months of age* and puppy appropriate.**
- Please do not touch other people’s puppies without permission.
- If the puppies jump on you please ignore them, many puppies are in training and their people appreciate other people ignoring jumping behavior.
- Do not grab puppies. Let the trainer guide the play!
- No treats or toys are allowed out in the playgroup area.
- If your puppy is showing any signs of illness before playgroup please cancel your reserved spot online.
- Follow the trainer’s instructions.
- Please understand that playgroup does not come without risks. Scientific research has shown that proper early socialization far exceeds the risks of injury or illness. Here is a link to the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior’s position statement.
- Email your signed waivers BEFORE playgroup. Click here for a link to our waivers and instructions for sending.
- Anyone who chooses to not follow the above rules may be asked to leave.
Please Note: On occasion, we have a surrogate adult dog who has been tested for puppy tolerance and appropriate puppy communication skills. *Not all puppies enjoy puppy playgroup, if your puppy is showing repeated stress signs they may have to leave playgroup to minimize their stress level.