In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our hospital has implemented the following protocols for the safety of our clients, staff and community at large.
Business hours and protocols are subject to change based on incoming information and risk assessment, so please check our Facebook page regularly for updates.
1- We are currently operating our normal business hours 7:30a-5:30 pm Monday through Friday and 7:30-12n on Saturdays. However, as of Monday 3/23/2020 we will only be seeing sick or injured patients, or patients who need urgent wellness care such as vaccinations in order to board a pet while the client is hospitalized.
2. We are pre-screening clients over the phone. Any clients who have had recent international travel, have confirmed exposure to COVID-19 or who are ill will be advised to seek care at an ER facility that has appropriate protective equipment to minimize risks to all involved.
3. If you are scheduled to bring your pet in, you will be asked to wait in your vehicle upon arrival and call us at 603-673-6101 to check in. A technician will obtain the patient’s history over the phone, and then come out to take your pet into our hospital. Clients will NOT be allowed into the building, for the safety of all involved.
all dogs must be on leash and a technician will apply a second slip lead for added security.
all cats are to be secured in a carrier.
Please do not leave the parking lot during your pets appointment.
4. A doctor will then call you to review and discuss exam findings and any recommendations.
5- Any necessary consent forms or estimates will be emailed to you. If you have the ability to sign and return them please do. If not- just reply to the email as your consent signature.
6. A receptionist will then collect payment over the phone. We HIGHLY encourage payment by credit card over the phone. If cash or check are your only options we will ask you to place those items into a basket rather than directly to the receptionists. A receipt will be emailed to you.
7. The technician will then return your pet to your vehicle along with any medications that have been prescribed.
8. If you need to pick up prescriptions or food for your pet, please call ahead. Once the prescriptions have been filled we will call to obtain payment over the phone. We then ask you to call or text us when you arrive and we will bring the prescription out and place them on a table outside our front doors where you may pick them up.
9. All specialty consultations and classes at MVH including orthopedic procedures, ultrasounds, acupuncture, puppy play groups and dog training classes are cancelled until further notice.
Dr. Tinkham and the team at Milford Veterinary Hospital appreciate your understanding during this challenging time. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, message us on Petdesk, or call us at (603) 673-6101.
We will keep the most up to date information on our Facebook page, so please follow us there for important updates.
Dr. Karen Tinkham