In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our hospital has implemented the following protocols for the safety of our clients, staff and community at large.
Business hours and protocols are subject to change based on incoming information and risk assessment, so please check our Facebook page regularly for updates.
1- We are currently operating our normal business hours 8:00a-5:30 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The Hospital is closed for appointments and prescription pickups on Sunday, Wednesday and Saturday.
2. We are pre-screening clients over the phone. Any clients who have had recent international travel, have confirmed exposure to COVID-19 or who are ill will be advised to seek care at an ER facility that has appropriate protective equipment to minimize risks to all involved.
3. If you are scheduled to bring your pet in, you will be asked to wait in your vehicle upon arrival and call us at 603-673-6101 to check in. If you do not have cell service, please go to our “Pickup Area” using the left hand door of the main entrance and check-in there. Masks are required. A technician will obtain the patient’s history over the phone, and then come out to take your pet into our hospital. Clients will NOT be allowed into the building, for the safety of all involved.
All dogs must be on leash and a technician will apply a second slip lead for added security.
All cats are to be secured in a carrier.
Please do not leave the parking lot during your pets appointment.
4. A doctor will then call you to review and discuss exam findings and any recommendations.
5- Any necessary consent forms or estimates will be emailed to you. If you have the ability to sign and return them please do. If not- just reply to the email with your consent and an electronic signature.
6. A receptionist will then collect payment over the phone. We HIGHLY encourage payment by credit card over the phone. If cash or check are your only options we will ask you to place those items into a basket rather than directly to the receptionists. A receipt will be emailed to you, please check with us to ensure we have the most up to date information.
7. The technician will then return your pet to your vehicle along with any medications that have been prescribed.
8. If you need to pick up prescriptions or food for your pet, please call two days ahead. Prescriptions called in on Monday and Tuesday will be ready Thursday and Friday, and vice versa. When coming to pick up prescriptions, we have set up a “Pickup Area” in the lobby, using the left hand door of the main entrance you can enter and pickup and pay for the prescription or food. Masks are required.
9. All classes and some treatments at MVH including acupuncture, puppy play groups and dog training classes are cancelled until further notice.
Dr. Tinkham and the team at Milford Veterinary Hospital appreciate your understanding during this challenging time. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, message us on the Petdesk App, or call us at (603) 673-6101.
We will keep the most up to date information on our Facebook page, so please follow us there for important updates.
Dr. Karen Tinkham